Christmas closure is for the birds!

We're closed for the Christmas/New Years period, so if you're planning on coming onto campus, you'll have plenty of time to try your hand at bird watching. So what birds can you find near our buildings?

*Ahem*

On the first day of Christmas my library gave to me:
A kookaburra in a gum tree (Townsville).

On the second day of Christmas my library gave to me:
Two willy wagtails (Cairns and Townsville)
And a kookaburra in a gum tree.

[Actually, this could go on for a while - let's just skip to the last verse]

On the twelfth day of Christmas my library gave to me:
Twelve Australian brush turkeys (everywhere you look),
Eleven spangled drongos (Cairns and Townsville),
Ten white-rumped swiftlets (Cairns),
Nine bush-stone curlews (Cairns and Townsville),
Eight crested pigeons (Townsville),
Seven dusky honeyeaters (Cairns),
Six zebra finches (Townsville),
Five noisy friarbirds (Townsville),
Four magpie larks (Cairns and Townsville),
Three great bowerbirds (Townsville),
Two willy wagtails,
And a kookaburra in a gum tree.

Thanks for your support this year - we wish you luck in 2018, and hope to see you again.


Comments